Retreats at Trumbull Conference Center are silent retreats for either men or women, conducted by priests of the Prelature of Opus Dei. The Conference Center includes a chapel, a dining room, living rooms, classrooms, two garden areas, and bedrooms with limited double-occupancy for family members or friends.
Each day of the retreat includes Holy Mass, Benediction, Rosary, and presentations by priests and laity on living one’s faith in daily life. The priest conducting the retreat is available for the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
There is also the opportunity for a personal consultation with a priest or lay person on the staff.
Why Make a Retreat?
Making an annual retreat – a couple of days spent in silence, prayer, and reflection – involves a sacrifice for nearly all busy people. Who has the time? Nonetheless, every year countless busy people make time for a retreat as they make time for anything else important in their lives. Why do people like these enjoy a well-made retreat and see it as a valuable investment to refresh their spirit? Year after year, what do they gain from the experience of a retreat?
What Do You Gain?
- A more intimate friendship with Jesus Christ through prayer and reception of the sacraments
- Clearer perspective on the course of their lives – past, present, and future
- Insight to what needs improvement in their family as well as professional lives
- Stronger self-knowledge gained through spiritual direction
- A return to everyday life with a greater sense of joyful confidence in God
You may also download a copy of our 2023 brochure here.